This is a small test bed for a small gasoline or diesel engine.
The engine is connected by V-belt with a safety guard to an electric generator absorber dynamometer on the test bed. Heat from the generator is dissipated by heaters with a fan. Generator load and engine throttle are manually controlled.
A fuel tank and air box are on a stand next to the engine.
Instruments are provided for measurement of engine speed, generator speed and torque, fuel flow rate, air flow rate, and temperatures.
- Torque vs engine speed at various throttle setting.
- Engine brake horsepower and efficiency vs speed.
- Specific fuel consumption.
- Air/fuel ratio.
- Volumetric efficiency.
|. Generator||: 1 ea. 220 V.|
|. Load||: Heaters.|
|. Engine||: Single cylinder gasoline or diesel engine up to 5kW or as required.|
|. Measuring instruments|
|- Fuel flow rate||: Graduated cylinder and stopwatch.|
|- Air flow rate||: Air box with orifice plate, and inclined water manometer.|
|- Sensors with digital display||: Temperatures for ambient air and exhaust gas.|
|: Generator torque, Engine and Generator speeds.|
|. Power supply||: 220 V, 1 Ph, 50 Hz. Other power supply is available on request.|
- Torque arm with standard weights for torque calibration.
- Water manometer for differential pressure calibration.
- P-V diagram set for selected engine.
- MT 502-050 Computer Interface
This includes sensors computer interface unit and software for data display and analysis by computer (separately supplied).