This is an educational machine for an extensive range of torsion tests.
The machine consists of a torque applying unit, and a torque measuring unit sliding on two parallel members. The tubes applying unit is a two stage reduction gear with a hand wheel, and angular displacement measuring instruments. The torque measuring unit has a torque arm with a two direction load cell. The specimen is held at each end by hexagonal drive sockets which fit on the input shaft from the gear box and the torsion shaft. The motor is automatically stopped when the specimen is broken. Different sizes of drive sockets are provided. The torsion shaft column can be slided on two parallel shafts to accommodate specimen length. The equipment is a table top type with adjustable footings.
- Relation of torque and twist angle under elastic deformation.
- Determination of modulus of rigidity and yield shear stress.
- Determination of modulus of rupture.
- Characteristic of materials under plastic deformation.
- Comparation of twist angle for forward-reverse directions.
- Relationship between twist angle, length and size of specimens.