This is a bench mounted unit designed for a study of electricity generation form sunlight, storage and use of energy.
The unit consists of a solar panel on a tilting and rotating base, an inverter, a regulator, a storage battery, load circuit, a fan, lamp load, voltmeters and ammeters.
The panel is mounted on a tilting and rotating base.
- Current-voltage characteristics of solar panel.
- Effect of shading on performance.
- Effect of panel inclination on performance.
- Working principles of load regulator (current reversal, low unloading and overloading protection)
- Principles of inverter.
- Solar panel : Monocrystalline, 60 w rating.
- Regulator : 1 ea.
- Battery : 1 ea.
- Inverter : 1 ea.
- Rheostat : 1 ea.
- Voltmeters : 1 ea. DC and 1 ea AC.
- Ammeters : 1 ea. DC and 1 ea AC.
- Lamp loads : 5 ea.
- Others : Power outlet and lead wires.
- Power supply : 220V 1 Ph, 50 Hz.