The tank is a bench top unit designed for a study of mixing of two materials under various conditions.
The unit consists of a mixing tank with removable baffles and a drain valve. An agitator is mounted on top of the tank and is driven by a motor and advanced inverter a gear box. Impeller depth can be adjusted. Instruments are provided for measurement of agitator shaft speed, motor power. Various type of impellers are provided.
- Mixing/flow visualization.
- Power/speed of different impellers.
- Mixing of solid/liquid suspensions.
- Mixing of two immersible liquids.
- Mixing quality vs mixing time.
- Prediction of power for large scale mixers.