This bench top apparatus is designed for a study of fluid bubbling phenomena in fixed and fluidized beds of solid particles.
The apparatus consists of a water and an air system. Each has a fluidized column and a pump. Air or water is supplied to the column via bottom porous plate and escape and the top. Control valve varies the rate of flow. Two sizes of bed materials are supplied. Measurement of flow rate is by rotameters and pressure drop is by manometers.
- Visualization of fluidization
- Pressure drop through packed and fluidized beds for both water and air systems
- Observation of difference between particulate and aggregative fluidization
- Verification of Carman - Kozeny equation.
- Fluidized column :
- Glass tube with 1mm scale.
- 50 mm diameter x 550 mm long.
- Bed plate : Porous material.
- Water manometer : 1 ea.
- Air manometer : 1 ea.
- Water rotameter : 1 ea.
- Air rotameter : 1 ea.
- Water pump : 1 ea.
- Air compressor : 1 ea.
- Bed material : Alumina oxides or washed sand, two sizes.
- Power supply : 220V 1Ph 50 Hz. Other power supply is available on request.